HCG Diet Vegan Protocol (keep to 500 calories)
Page 33 of Pounds and Inches:
Strict vegetarians such as orthodox Hindus present a special problem, because milk and curds are the only animal protein they will eat. To supply them with sufficient protein of animal origin they must drink 500 cc. of skimmed milk per day, though part of this ration can be taken as curds. As far as fruit, vegetables and starch are concerned, their diet is the same as that of non-vegetarians; they cannot be allowed their usual intake of vegetable proteins from leguminous plants such as beans or from wheat or nuts, nor can they have their customary rice. In spite of these severe restrictions, their average loss is about half that of non-vegetarians, presumably owing to the sugar content of the milk.
** There was not a section in regards to a vegan diet in Pounds and Inches.
- Black Coffee or
- Green Tea or
- Yerba Mate Tea or
- Wu Long Tea or
- Chamomile Tea
You may have as much as you desire. You may sweeten the tea and coffee with Stevia, but no other sweeteners should be used. Make sure that the Stevia doesn’t contain any additional ingredients i.e erythritol, dextrose, etc.
1- Choose one serving of one of the following:
- 1 soy patty (not to exceed 110 calories)*
- ½ cup cooked quinoa*
- 8 oz of unsweetened organic soy milk (Silk)*
- 8 oz of unsweetened organic hemp milk (Hemp Bliss)*
*Not on the original protocol, may slow or stall your loss.
2- One large handful of one of the following vegetables:
- Beet greens
- Lettuce of any kind
- White, yellow, or red onions
- Red radishes
** These can be eaten raw, steamed, grilled or boiled. Do not mix vegetables in the same meal.
3- One of the following fruits:
- Medium size apple
- Medium size orange
- ½ medium size grapefruit
- Strawberries (approximately 10 medium size about 1 inch – 1 ¼ inch long)
4. One grissini breadstick or one melba toast.
The same 4 choices as for lunch.
Per Pounds and Inches you may drink plain spring water, still mineral water, tea, and coffee. YourHCG.com recommends drinking 1/2 your weight in water per day. For example, if you weigh 200lbs you’ll want to drink a min. of 100oz of water daily, in addition to any tea or coffee you may be drinking.
** Zevia is not on the original protocol. Use at your own risk.
Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc. Spices should be in their natural form for best results. Watch for sugar, artificial sweeteners, mixed veggies, or foods not allowed on the diet (i.e. carrots) in your spices!
- You may eat the breadstick and fruit as a snack in between meals instead of with your meals if you choose.
- No over the counter non-prescription drugs should be taken (with the exception of Aspirin). ** Consult your physician before discontinuing any medications, prescription or non-prescription.
- No cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and facial powder should be used.
- No creams, lotions or moisturizers that contain fat should be used. (Check the ingredient list. It is not safe to use if it contains “oil” or anything ending in “-ose”)
- Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish (page 31 in Pounds and Inches)
- Massages are not recommended while on the HCG diet (page 42 in Pounds and Inches)
It is encouraged, but not required to do the following:
- Walk for one hour per day.
- Listen to stress reducing CDs.
- Do yoga as often as possible.
- Sweat for 20 minutes in a sauna as often as possible.
- Do yoga as often as possible.
- Get twenty minutes of sun daily.
- Do not drink very cold beverages.